Monday, July 26, 2010

Music Monday! Dawes does good.

I'm not one to know anything about music. I mean, I could tell you a thing or two about the mechanics of it, but I am usually hesitant to try new things (for example, I rarely see movies in the theater). However, I've been making an effort to listen to new/different music, thanks in part to Grooveshark, Daytrotter and some friends with decent taste. This band I found on Daytrotter because they were a top download, which I figured to be a good sign.

Coming soon to a Midwest or Northeast city near you: Dawes. The song that caught my roommate's attention was "God Rest My Soul;" I was sold on "Love Is All I Am." I love the raw feeling of Daytrotter sessions to begin with, but so too are these guys' lyrics. They are folk, but the singer has a nice bluegrass feel to him, which makes me realize I don't know what either of those genres really are.

Now to convince them to release their next album on LP. In the meantime, their debut album "North Hills" is on iTunes ($10).

Dawes website
Dawes on Twitter
Dawes on Myspace

Bonus track: Ooks of Hazard cover MGMT Yay ukulele! 

No comments:

Post a Comment