Saturday, August 7, 2010

Delicious Library is Tasty.

But Trish, you're thinking, you talk about tasty things on Fridays! Well yes, but in this case an awesome piece of software also happens to be delicious. Delicious Library ($40) that is. I've been admiring this program for years, and it just keeps getting prettier. I've always been a bit collector of books but have never taken the time to catalog them. Delicious Library would make this task a snap. Using the built-in iSight on my MacBook, I could scan in my library in no time (well, a couple days). Books aren't the only thing this app can keep track of. It also recognizes music, DVDs, tools, clothing.... basically a huge list of items.

Delicious Monster is the company behind the Library. Wil Shipley is the man behind the Monster and is entertaining to follow on Twitter.


Update! I finally broke down and bought DL. I haven't had the opportunity to scan in many of my books yet, but it's only a matter of time. I like that I can keep track of who I've loaned books to without taking them out of my library. Screenshot below.

No comments:

Post a Comment