Friday, October 1, 2010

Koi! For your Wall!

When I was 11 years old I visited Japan as an exchange student.  I think 11 is the perfect age to take a once-in-a-lifetime trip to a place like Japan because you are still young enough to absorb everything while resisting culture shock. One thing I saw there that I have always wanted to recreate is a Japanese garden, complete with a pool and the zen sand box. It doesn't look like I will be able to install one in the backyard of my duplex, even though when I was 11, the thought of being 26 years old was definitely old enough to have achieved at least that dream (space travel was ruled out around age 15).

Fortunately I can create my own Japanese pool on my walls.  Blik now has a Koi design ($90) that can Zen-up any room. I'm thinking the bathroom where the walls are already blue. And there is a cat box in there I could rake if I really wanted the full experience.

Though maybe we should install a towel rack first... and fix the shower head... I guess this blog is called a wish list for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment