Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday fun link: the Sky

I can't remember if I posted a link, and can't check it due to blogger.com's interruption this week. There should be another post or two here, which will hopefully be restored once all the king's horses and all the king's men put our poor Blogger together again.

Just in case I didn't post a fun link, have a go at this:

Interactive Night Sky by Nick Risinger

I was turned onto astronomy during a trip to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon with my mom. Our visit happend to be concurrent with the Tucson Amateur Astronomy Club meeting, which meant dozens of telescopes were set up for anyone and everyone to look through. I stood with my binoculars next to the fancy high-tech and homemade scopes and marveled at the sky. Websites like the Photopic Sky Survey remind me that the awe I felt at thirteen-years-old didn't fade away, it's just been a bit clouded by humidity.

via Now for the Science Bit blog

No comments:

Post a Comment