Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time to start running

I was a runner once. People who know this always expect me to be good at running. It isn't the same as learning to whistle or tie your shoes, you can't just go back to 6:45 mile splits after years of laziness. I hadn't even bought new running shoes in the three years prior to last month.

Blah, blah, blah. I want this shirt ($25), but only after I've started running again. I've already promised to start running, because that's how I justified buying the shoes.

This time I will also do my best not to injure myself in the first month. Once I get back into the routine of running, I usually try to add on miles too quickly and end up with shin splints or Morton's Neuroma. Then I stop running for six months or so.

Not this time. I am going to Brave the Run, and hopefully be wearing this shirt at a 5K by September.

No comments:

Post a Comment